Break out your cable knits, sweater weather is officially here. While it’s still pretty warm here in NYC, the cool weather is just around the corner and with it comes awesome NYC events and happenings. From the best Oktoberfest celebrations, to stargazing in the parks, to seasonal ale’s at local dives. We’re laying out your fall bucket list.
- Feast of San Gennaro: Head to Little Italy for the event of the year with the 90th anniversary of the Feast of San Gennaro. Parades, free music and cannoli’s, you HAVE to check this event out this weekend! (Ends Sept. 25)
- Cider Week: For seven days you can try the best ciders at over 50 bars and restaurants in NYC. There are free tastings, events and workshops at places like Chelsea Wine Vault and Craft Bar. (October 21st – October 31st)
- Haunted Lantern Tours at Fort Totten Park: Get in the Halloween spirit by taking this creepy walking tour of Water Battery Gate at Fort Totten Park. This place is rumored to be seriously haunted, so don’t go alone! (Friday October 28th at 6:30pm)
- Have Some Autumn Ales: Head to Pony Bar in Hell’s Kitchen for a stellar beer selection featuring this season’s best. With choices like Copper Legend Oktoberfest and Doc’s Pumpkin Cider, having a drink or two here will put you in the spirit of autumn.
- Star Gazing at the High Line: Every Tuesday in October, head to the High Line for a romantic walk along the park and a chance to look closer at the stars!
- The Village Halloween Parade: This Halloween, go join hundreds of other Halloween enthusiasts at The Village Halloween Parade. Touted as one of the best in the country, the theme this year is Reverie. Starts at 7PM on Halloween.
- Attend one of Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm’s events: The world’s largest green roof farm, they have tons of cool happenings until the end of October.
- Go for a Bike Ride Along the Hudson River Greenway: An 11-mile route that stretches from Battery Park to the Little Red Lighthouse under the George Washington Bridge. A great way to take in the fall foliage, while getting some exercise!
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Take a stroll through these gorgeous gardens and experience some seriously awesome fall foliage!
If you’re looking for an apartment in New York City, No Fee Rentals has great choices. From gorgeous one bedroom’s with breathtaking views of the city, to quaint and cozy studio apartments in hip neighborhoods like Greenwich Village and the Lower East Side, No Fee Rentals has it all. Contact us today to get started in your very own NYC story!